Bamboo pillow quickly became popular with many people because of its unique properties. Compared with ordinary pillows, bamboo pillow is more hypoallergenic, breathable, soft and comfortable. However, if you are using bamboo pillow, you may encounter such questions as how to wash a bamboo pillow, can bamboo pillow be washed, and can bamboo pillow be washed by machine? Don't worry, this article will give you the answers.
Can bamboo pillow be washed?
The answer is yes! However, it still depends on what kind of product you have. Some bamboo pillow is a type of pillow that is filled with shredded pieces of bamboo, while there are some other bamboo pillows are typically filled with shredded memory foam.
So it is important to follow the care instructions provided by the manufacturer to ensure that you do not damage the pillow before you wash it. And it is generally recommended to wash a bamboo pillow every 3-6 months to keep it fresh and clean.
Besides of the pillow filling, the cover of the bamboo pillow is washable in most cases. You can remove the cover and then wash it.
Can bamboo pillow be washed by machine?
Similarly, it depends on the specific bamboo pillow that you have. Some bamboo pillows are machine washable, while others are not. It's important to read the care instructions on the pillow or on the product packaging to determine whether or not it can be washed by machine.
No worry, if your bamboo pillow can not be washed by machine and you think that washing a pillow is troublesome and laborious. However, in most cases, you don't have to bother to wash it all over. you just need to spot clean it with a mild detergent and a damp cloth.
How to wash a bamboo pillow?
First of all, as we mentioned above, please check the care label on the pillow to see if it is machine washable. If it is not, you will need to wash it by hand or have it professionally laundered. If your bamboo pillow is machine washable, please follow the steps below to wash your bamboo pillow.
- Remove the cover: If your bamboo pillow has a removable cover, remove it and set it aside. Wash it separately in your washing machine.
- Pre-treat any stains: If there are any stains on the pillow, pre-treat them with a stain remover before washing.
- Place the pillow in the washing machine: Put the pillow in the washing machine by itself, as it can get quite heavy when it is wet.
- Use cold water: Set the washing machine to the cold water setting to prevent shrinkage and protect the integrity of the material.
- Use a mild detergent: Use a mild detergent that is free of bleach and other harsh chemicals to avoid damaging the pillow.
- Wash on a gentle cycle: Use a gentle wash cycle to prevent the pillow from becoming misshapen.
How to wash your bamboo pillow by hand?
If your bamboo pillow is not machine washable, you need to handwash it. If your pillow isn't too dirty and doesn't require a full wash, you can opt for a spot cleaning. Or you can do a complete cleaning if necessary.
To wash a bamboo pillow by hand, follow these steps:
- Remove the pillow case and set it aside.
- Fill a tub or sink with warm water and a small amount of mild detergent.
- Gently agitate the water to create suds.
- Submerge the bamboo pillow in the water and gently swish it around to allow the suds to penetrate the filling.
- Rinse the pillow thoroughly with clean, warm water to remove all soap and dirt.
- Squeeze the pillow gently to remove excess water, being careful not to wring or twist it.
- Place the pillow in a dry, well-ventilated area, away from direct sunlight. Fluff the pillow occasionally as it dries to restore its shape.
For more detailed method on washing memory foam for both spot cleaning or complete cleaning, make sure to check out our guide on how to wash a memory foam pillow.
How to dry bamboo pillow?
After you done the hardest part - washing the bamboo pillow, next up you need to dry it. It’s important to note that do not dry the bamboo pillow in a dryer machine, since the high heat will destroy the memory foam or even melt it. To dry a bamboo pillow, you can follow our tips below:
- Fluff the pillow to restore its shape if necessary. You can simply do this by hand.
- Lay the pillow flat on a clean, dry surface in a well-ventilated area. Avoid placing the pillow in direct sunlight or heat.
- Allow the pillow to air dry completely. This can take anywhere from a few hours to a full day, depending on the humidity and temperature.
- Once the pillow is completely dry, you can put the covers back.
Since there are so many different types of bamboo pillow, it is impossible to say whether it can be washed or machine washed. You need to refer to the washing requirements of your pillow to decide how to wash it. Of course, you can follow our methods and steps above.
Only if you wash and dry the bamboo pillow in the right way, your bamboo pillow can last longer and provide proper support for your neck, so that you can have a healthy neck and have a good night sleep.