Do we need a pillow when sleeping?
Yes. It is necessary to sleep on a pillow, especially for those with cervical vertebra problems, if you do not sleep on a pillow for a long time, it will aggravate the cervical vertebra problem. This is mainly due to the physiological curve of our neck, and the purpose of the pillow is to maintain this curvature. Of course, if the pillow is not suitable or used improperly, it will cause discomfort. The accurate position of the pillow should be on the neck and support your head.
How to choose the height of the pillow
Pillows are mainly divided into high pillows and low pillows. The choice of height is affected by sleeping position, personal habits, shoulder width and weight. There is no precise height, the goal is to maintaining the normal cervical vertebra physiological curve. After all, most pillow materials are elastic or height-adjustable, with a range of height adaptations.
- If you prefer to sleep on your stomach, it is recommended to consider a flat and soft low pillow;
- If you prefer to sleep on your back, it is recommended to consider a well-supported low pillow;
- If you prefer to sleep on your side, it is recommended to consider a well-supported high pillow;
- If your sleeping position is not fixed, it is recommended to consider a soft wavy pillow;
Can a pillow treat cervical spondylosis?
No. Pillows can prevent you from cervical spondylosis, elastic pillows such as memory foam pillows and latex pillows will have some certain correction and auxiliary functions. But if you have cervical spondylosis, you must see a doctor for a treatment, pillows can only relieve the neck or shoulder pains instead of treatment.
What kind of pillow is right for you?
Memory foam pillow: Best overall. The memory foam pillows have good support, which can relieve the discomfort of the neck very well, and has a certain improvement on cervical problems. It is suitable for people who like a harder pillow.
Latex pillow: best elasticity. It has the same effect as the memory foam pillow, the main difference is that it is more suitable for people who like moderate hardness and softness. In addition, the natural anti-mite antibacterial and breathable moisture absorption of latex is also suitable for people with rhinitis, skin allergies, sweating and snoring.
Down Pillow: Best softness. The down pillows are for these people who pursue softness, comfort and support, love the feeling of being wrapped.
Buckwheat pillow: Best supportive. It’s for people who like hard pillows and have insomnia; buckwheat pillows are more liked by elder people.
Best pillow for neck pain sufferers.
Zamat Cervical Pillow is designed with the aid of the Gerty medical team. It adapts the most advanced ergonomic tech to release neck pain gently and effectively. Zamat cervical pillows have been endorsed by over 200 voluntary neck pain sufferers, who tried out 26 pillow prototypes and voted it for the best therapy experience. Here are more details about Zamat Cervical pillow:
1. Multifunctional Pillow: Perfectly fit for side sleepers, back sleepers and stomach sleepers
2. Adjustable Height: You are enabled to add or remove the inserts to get customize height and ensure the everlasting ergonomic shape and optimum support.
3. CertiPUR-US certified: You can sleep with peace of mind, knowing that you are resting on a healthy & odorless memory foam fit.
4. Head and neck protection: Zamat cervical pillow cradles your head and embrace your neck. With your neck in a stable position, you don’t need to worry about your neck twisting while you sleep.