With the increase of age, the secretion of melatonin in the body decreases, and the quality of sleep begins to decline. It becomes more and more difficult for many mid-aged people to have a high-quality sleep. What’s worse, many mid-aged people have sleep disorders:
- Difficulty falling asleep, tossing and turning in bed but unable to fall asleep;
- Waking up many times a night;
- Dreaming and waking up early;
- Feel tired at morning and waking up much earlier than expected;
- Didn't feel asleep even though you snored.
What are the harms of long-term poor sleep quality to mid-aged?
Study shows that long-term poor sleep quality will lead to a significantly higher risk of middle-aged people suffering from hypertension, diabetes, myocardial infarction, stroke, chronic pain and other related physical diseases. At the same time, due to long-term insomnia, the recovery of energy is slowed down, and symptoms of autonomic dysfunction, similar to anxiety and depression, are prone to occur.
How to improve sleep quality for middle-aged?
Here are our tips to help mid-aged people to improve sleep quality and health:
- Go to bed and wake up on time to form a good body clock.
- Don't force yourself to sleep, and don't wait for sleepiness in bed.
- Get up when you can't fall asleep, don't toss and turn in bed. Don't look at your watch frequently since it will make you more anxious and more awake.
- Join some outdoor activities if possible. A moderate amount of exercise can increase the driving force of sleep and ensure a good night's sleep.
- You can grow your own hobbies to relax your body and mind, such as listening to music, reading books, etc.
- If it is long-term insomnia or even stubborn insomnia, you need to take some sleep aids under the guidance of a doctor.
- If you feel uncomfortable such as neck pain when you sleep, choosing a good cervical pillow with a suitable mattress can relieve the pain.
Zamat cervical pillow with contour design, specially shaped with ergonomic, optimally aligns your neck and body and alleviates all strains to give you a perfect sleep. These are the designs which help you relieve neck pains:
- Cervical alignment
Zamat cervical traction neck pillow allows the cervical contour to perfectly align the neck and provides plush comfort, immersing your neck in all-around support.
- Neck traction
Zamat Cervical Pillow has slightly concave structure in the middle which helps hold your head, support the neck and shoulders, and strengthen cervical traction.
- Head and neck protection
Zamat Cervical Pillow is formed in a way cradle your head and embrace your neck. With your neck in a stable position, you don’t need to worry about your neck twisting while you sleep.
- Height adjustments for different sleepers
Zamat Cervical Pillow is accompanied with removable memory foam inserts. Users can adjust the height to their needs. A simple modification to our pillow results in a far better pillowing experience for sleepers everywhere.
- Versatility for different sleepers
Zamat Cervical Pillow is suitable for a variety of different sleeping positions, including side sleeper, back sleeper, stomach sleeper, etc. Your head, neck and shoulders can all be firmly supported in optimally throughout the night no matter what kind of sleeper you are.
Keep in mind that when you reach middle age, you need to form good living habits. Don't stay up late, don't work overload, don't put too much pressure on yourself, keep a good mood and participate in outdoor activities more. This will help you ensure the quality of sleep and your physical and mental health!